I did it!! I read 10 classics from various authors, countries, and time periods in 12 months! (To be honest, a big chunk of those books were read this month *procrastinator*).
This was such a fun challenge, and I’m earnestly considering doing the Back to the Classics 2015 challenge next year, although I still have a little time to decide :)
Here is my wrap-up post listing all of my reviews for this challenge:
- A 20th Century Classic – Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie
- A 19th Century Classic – Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- A Classic by a Woman Author – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- A Classic in Translation – Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
- A Classic About War – War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells
- A Classic by an Author Who Is New To You – Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- An American Classic –
A Separate Peace by John Knowles
- A Classic Mystery, Suspense or Thriller – Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
- A Historical Fiction Classic – The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
- A Classic That’s Been Adapted Into a Movie or TV Series – North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Extra Fun Category: Write a Review of the Movie or TV Series adapted from Optional Category #4 – BBC’s North and South Miniseries
I thoroughly enjoyed every one of these books (except for maybe Wuthering Heights), but if I had to rank my Top 3 it would be: North and South, Little Women, and To Kill a Mockingbird.
Thank you to Books and Chocolate for hosting this challenge!
Have you read any of these books? What did you think? Are you up for next year’s Back to the Classics Challenge?
11 thoughts on “Back to the Classics 2014 Wrap-Up Post!”
I’m steadfastly not doing any challenges this year because I kind of burned out on them last year. However, this one looks quite cool! Maybe in 2016.
I haven’t read Journey to the Center of the Earth or A Separate Peace, or North and South, but I’ve read all the others on your list. And N&S is on my to-read list for 2015!
I understand you completely. I actually might not do this challenge next year because I want to focus on other books piling up on my TBR. This one was really fun, though, so maybe in 2016.
I really hope you enjoy North and South!! One of my new favs :)
Congratulations! North and South and To Kill a Mockingbird are two of my favorites also. I haven’t read Little Women in years — I think it’s time for a reread. Thanks for participating in the Back to the Classics Challenge, and good luck in the drawing!
Thank you!! I could probably reread Little Women next year, too. I loved it so much :)
Nice job! 😀
I did the Back to the Classics Challenge this year (and read the last 3 books in December). My TBR is out of control at the moment (over 150 books) but enough of them fitted into the 2015 categories that I’m going again next year!
Glad to know I’m not the only one who read 3 books this month! ;) good luck with next year’s challenge!
Congrats on finishing the challenge! I’m supposed to be doing the Classics Club challenge, but I’m pretty sure I won’t finish it unfortunately – I haven’t been keeping up with my classics reading since signing up for it. I haven’t read most of the books you mention here, but some I want to like North and South!
I adore To Kill A Mockingbird. Call me cliché, but it’s my favorite book of all time. So glad you enjoyed it!
I think that’s a fantastic choice for a favorite book!!