This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is a freebie! So I thought I’d use this opportunity to finalize my bucket list for the year :)
I tried doing a bucket list two years ago to celebrate by 25th birthday, but I didn’t quite get around to crossing off all those items (although looking at it now, I’ve been able to do several more of those goals since I turned 25!).
So here are the Top Ten Things on My 2017 Bucket List:
- Eat at 10 local restaurants – Wilmington has so many locally owned restaurants and I have been dying to try more of them out. We don’t eat out often because it’s cheaper to eat at home, but I’d like to try out ten different local restaurants here in town this year.
Go berry picking – I’ve had berry picking on my bucket list for two years now, and this year I’m finally going to do it. The berry picking farm always closes way earlier than I think it will, so last year I missed out because we didn’t go early enough. The summer before, I was pregnant, and the last thing I felt like doing was walking around in the heat. I’m gonna make it happen this year, though!
Read at least 10 classics from my Classics Club list – I’m supposed to have finished 50 classics off my Classics Club list by the end of next year, and I’m just a little over halfway there. I have some real chunky classics I need to read (or finish reading *coughWarandPeacecough*), so I hope to get through at least 10 this year!
- Gardening – Our front yard is pretty bare and I’d love to put in some low maintenance foliage to make it look more inviting. I am NOT a green thumb, though, so I’m going to have to do some research about which plants will do well before going through all the trouble of planting them.
- Write a novel! – My biggest goal for 2017. It’s been forever since I’ve written anything, and I’ve never written anything longer than 30 pages, but I’m taking a few online writing classes so hopefully that helps. I’m still in the outlining phase but I’m really excited to see what I end up with :)
- Take a week off– Vague, I know. My husband and I really want and need to take a week-long vacation this year. We haven’t decided a destination, yet, but if I had my way it would be to PEI, Canada so I could really feel like Anne Shirley.
- See Hamilton! – Hamilton is coming to Charlotte in November and I am desperate to get my hands on some tickets when they go on sale. But only if they aren’t as expensive as Broadway tickets, because then I might as well just go up to NYC (and cross off #6 and #7 at the same time).
- Finish decorating my library – I love my library/guest room. It’s my favorite room in the house. But I still have some decorating to do :)
- Finish reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix with Matt – My husband has never read the HP books, so two years ago we started reading them aloud with each other. We’ve gotten stuck on Goblet of Fire (because it is significantly longer than Prisoner of Azkaban), but I’d love to finish it and Order of the Phoenix this year.
- Volunteer more – Another vague one. I already volunteer at the library on Saturdays, but I’d love to volunteer at other places, too, especially in areas that challenge me.
There you have it! Check back at the end of the year to see how well I did at accomplishing these wishes for 2017 :)
7 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: 2017 Bucket List”
I’m up for trying the restaurants anytime!!
Sounds like some great ideas. :) Good luck with your novel! My TTT
I love the idea of doing a bucket list with both small and big goals–it seems less daunting than making New Year’s Resolutions somehow. Maybe because you have the whole year to complete them. Because you keep mentioning writing a novel this year, you’ve inspired me to pick back up on the novel that I started writing before Jake was born (and never finished). I’ve kind of just started it over because I’ve been rethinking the format and the pacing. It’s been really hard to find time to work on it so far, but I really want to finish it this year! Maybe we can swap chapters sometimes and be each other’s beta readers! :-)
On Jan 24, 2017 10:10 AM, “macarons & paperbacks” wrote:
Maggie @ macarons & paperbacks posted: ” This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is a freebie! So I thought I’d use this opportunity to finalize my bucket list for the year :) I tried doing a bucket list two years ago to celebrate by 25th birthday, but I didn’t quite”
Yes, please!! I’d love that :) I haven’t started writing my book yet; I’m taking some online writing classes through my library first, but when I get a few chapters written I’ll let you know!
Great bucket list for 2017 Maggie! Best of luck & have fun completing it (I hear you on #5; I told myself that this is the year that I’m going to do it) :D