I cannot believe it’s already December. Back when I was pregnant I felt like the year was dragging on but now I’m feeling like I just wrote my post about October and now the year is a few short weeks from being over. Thinking back to where I was a year ago, I can’t believe so much has happened in just twelve months!
November was my first full month as a new mom. It’s been hard. Babies are a lot of work, in case no one has ever told you. Even if you have been told before, you won’t believe it until you actually have your own infant attached to you for what feels like every hour of the day. But that’s ok, babies still bring you so much joy even while they’re sucking out all your energy (the sleep deprivation has made me a little sarcastic lately…).
I read 5 books (and DNF 1)
Most Popular Post:
Ever After’s Château de Hautefort (I can’t wait to go back one day!)
What I Watched:
Yeah, we binged watch this whole show between the last week of October and the end of November. After all the stress from having a baby and Thanksgiving and family visiting, this was the perfect way to relax and have a few (actually, a lot of) laughs.
Favorite character? Probably Terry, although Boyle is hilarious and I really love Jake, too.
What I Listened To:
I started listening to a James Morrison station on iTunes Radio last month and it’s pretty much all I listen to nowadays. Probably because his songs are relaxing and they actually went really well with the books I was reading last month.
- Killian’s 1 Monthiversary! – I can’t believe my little sweet cheeks is already a month old (technically he’s 6 weeks now).
- Thanksgiving – We had an interesting Thanksgiving week. Killian was sick and we ended up having to postpone our actual Thanksgiving meal until Saturday. But my parents and both of my siblings were here with us so it was fun having family time :)
- Reading some quality books – I read some books that made me cry from laughing and others that made me cry so hard it was more like sobbing (I’m looking at you, Me Before You). But I only read one book that I didn’t like, and I didn’t finish it because I just don’t have time for books I’m not into!
- Decorating for Christmas! – We have to take down our tree before we go to France for 2 weeks (fire hazard), so we were anxious to get it up as soon as we could after Thanksgiving. We finally got to break out the Christmas ornaments we used for our wedding decorations 4 years ago, but most of our ornaments ended up being Hallmark ones that my mom and sister gift us in bulk every year. We love them :)
Looking Forward in December:
- The Broke and Bookish’s Annual Secret Santa Event!! – I’ve purchased just about everything for my Secret Santa, I just need to run to Target and buy some chocolately goodies. I’m really excited to find out who my own Secret Santa is!
- GOING TO FRANCE FOR CHRISTMAS! – It’s been about 16 months since we left France, and 3 years since we’ve had Christmas in France! Yeah, it’ll be hard flying with a newborn, but the fondue and raclette and family time will be totally worth it. Plus, my sister-in-law just had a baby this week so I have a new niece to meet!
- Seeing Star Wars: The Force Awakens – 3 years ago we find out that the newest Star Wars movie is being released on our 4th wedding anniversary, so Matt decided a long time ago what we would be doing to celebrate. I’m nervous about having someone watch Killian for those few hours, though. It’s too soon to leave him!
Who else is excited about Star Wars?? I’ve already decided I like Kylo Ren, even though he’s on the Dark Side and we don’t know anything about him. The mystery makes him cooler :)
6 thoughts on “November Highlights!”
Sounds like a good November! Killian is such a cutie! I admire your bravery in taking him to France for Christmas!
Thanks! Since I don’t know what it’s like to travel with a baby yet I’m feeling pretty optimistic about it, but I will probably have a different outlook after we get back :)
Babies are hard?? I’m glad you told me this. Lol. I’ll gladly watch him for you anytime. You are an amazing Mom❤️❤️ Now you know why I got you gift certificates for massages😘 I’m finding grandmotherhood to be rather easy and rewarding😊.
You can come down and watch him for Star Wars on December 17 =D
Wow, for a new mama, it’s so great that you’re still reading so much. I didn’t do as well with my first baby. Me Before You is such a good book. Did you know there’s a movie coming out? I’m so excited for the Force Awakens. I’ve got our tickets and babysitter booked, so can’t wait to chat with you about the movie.
My baby likes to nurse all the time (and he takes his time, too), so that’s why I’m getting so much reading in. I’m sure it’ll change once he gets more active.
Yes, I did know about the movie! But after reading the book I’m nervous about seeing the movie because I know it’s going to bring back all the feels </3
I can't wait to chat with you about the Force Awakens, too! We bought our tickets the day they went on presale, and our theater here actually sold out within a day!